Be Proactive With Inspections Instead Of Reactive With Repair
Getting the most of out of your roof and extending its lifetime depends on seeing problems before they cause irreparable damage. If your new roof is in the first year of its service life, you should consider getting an inspection. Ideally, you should have an inspection done annually.
Based in Toronto, NorthCan Flat Roofing Solutions specializes in commercial and industrial flat roofs. We’ve outlined three key areas regarding roof maintenance you should keep in mind to ensure the longevity of your flat roof.
- Annual Inspections – By having your roof annually inspected (including your roofing membrane and metal details) you’ll spend less on repair and maintenance over the service life of your roof. Inspections let you identify issues before they become bigger or costlier, meaning you can be proactive in your roof maintenance.
- Securement of Edge Metal – Improper edge metal securement often leads to bigger problems. When soffit or fascia are incorrectly installed or have deep membrane penetration, water and wind can enter your roof. This can lead to:
- Mold developing under the roof covering.
- Failure during high winds.
- Water leaks and seepage.
- Ventilation – It’s important to ensure you’re using the right ventilation systems. Airflow is crucial to extending a roof’s service life. Well-designed airflow helps to:
- Reduce moisture and heat build-up.
- Lowers the risk of developing mold and ice dams.
- Brings energy costs down.
Commercial or industrial roof installation is a big investment. And multi-layered flat roofs are complex systems, meaning the source of a problem is not always near where the damage is appearing.
Inspections help you proactively manage areas of concern before they cause lasting damage. They also work to extend the life of your roof. NorthCan Roofing provides holistic inspection services for your flat roof, checking both indoor and outdoor to find any issues.
Our professionals will help identify every problem and offer the right solution to extend the service life of your commercial flat roof for as long as possible.